Saturday, August 1, 2015

Mr. Peeples

IMG_7552 (600x800)

I don’t know how I haven’t heard of this place before! Mr. Peeples is a cross between something out of Vegas and Miami with it’s unique flare almost night club feel. I really felt like I was on vacation walking into this place. We came across it on the Houston Restaurant Week menu and decided to give it a shot.

As our first restaurant of the season for the month I was excited already. Then they bring out these little pillows of pretzel heaven with the softest butter. I kid you not we each ate a basket before the appetizers came. I soooo need this recipe!

IMG_7553 (800x600)

Since the lighting was low it’s hard to see the décor in the pictures, but it’s really a neat atmosphere.

IMG_7554 (600x800)IMG_7555 (600x800)IMG_7556 (800x600)IMG_7557 (800x600)

We ordered drinks to start off I had a Lemon Drop and D had a Manhattan.

 IMG_7560 (600x800)IMG_7559 (600x800)

For the first course we chose the Crab Cakes (jumbo lump crab with cilantro aioli and dijon cream) (Normally $16 on the regular menu we saw on other plates they come with 4 instead of 2 and also include lobster). Bourbon Glazed Baby Back Ribs (GF) (tender pork baby back ribs grilled and basted with our bourbon glaze and garnished with a roasted corn salad). The crab cakes where really good and I would order them again if we get to go back. The baby back ribs where tender, but it wasn’t anything special. I really enjoyed the sauce they made while D enjoyed the corn salad under them more.

IMG_7563 (800x600)IMG_7561 (800x600)

We also got an additional appetizer of Calamari $13 (Fried, fire roasted tomato salsa, chipotle aioli). While it was cooked perfectly and the sauces where good, it isn’t worth going out of your way to order.

IMG_7562 (800x600)

We each ordered the same thing for the second course a bowl of Lobster & Crab Bisque $8 (finished with sherry essence). D said he’s had better, but I really liked this one and appreciated how thick it was compared to other watery ones we have had.

IMG_7564 (800x600)

For the third course we ordered the Salmon ($26 on regular menu) (GF) (pan-seared salmon filet served on a bed of slowly braised cannellini beans with applewood smoked bacon and sautéed spinach) and 6 ounce Tenderloin Beef Filet ($28 on regular menu) (GF without the sauce) (with buttermilk mashed potato, sautéed haricots verts and cognac pepper sauce). The salmon was perfect all the way around and I could eat this everyday! The steak while very tender was salty

IMG_7565 (800x600)IMG_7568 (800x600)

Additionally we ordered half orders at $5 each to try their Chipotle Mac and Cheese and Fried Brussels Sprouts. I would order both in a heartbeat again. Half order with the perfect amount for 2 people.

IMG_7566 (800x600)IMG_7567 (800x600)

For dessert we Black Magic Cake (V) (with fresh raspberries and chocolate crunch) and Strawberry Cheesecake (GF) (V) (with a pecan crust and strawberries)> Normally I would complain I don’t think you could have sliced these little babies any thinner than they did, but I was so full I didn’t care it was the right size without being wasteful.

IMG_7569 (800x600)IMG_7570 (800x600)

I can’t wait to go back and try some other dishes here. The service was fantastic and everything was delicious. For $45 on the HRW menu option you can’t beat the price for trying a new place.

No comments:

Post a Comment