Tuesday, November 4, 2014

China Cottage

IMG_0194

Today I got to sneak my hubby out for lunch and steal him away from the office. Usually we do Mexican food because it’s quick, but I was craving Asian so we headed over to China Cottage. The place is really clean and nice inside with 2 fish tanks which my son loved. We had a great waitress too that loved talking to my son unlike the usual “omg not a kid” look we get when we go out to eat.

We started out with the Pot stickers $ 4.50

IMG_0192

The lunch specials are served with the following:

Soup (Choice of Egg Drop Soup, Hot and Sour
        Soup, or Chicken Creamy Soup)
Crab Rangoon
Rice (Steamed or Fried)

We each got the Hot and Sour Soup which I have to say is one of the best I’ve had. It’s nice and thick and full of ingredients unlike a lot of watered down ones I’ve had elsewhere.

IMG_0190

I ordered the Kung Pao Chicken $6.50 and D got the General Tao's Chicken $6.50. My Kung Pao was good, but D’s General Tao’s was omg out of this world good. The sauce had a slight sweetness, but it’s one of the best versions we have ever had.

IMG_0191IMG_0193

I can’t wait to go back and get the General Tao’s next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment