Monday, July 25, 2016

Local Table

IMG_0680 (600x800)

I attended a dinner meeting at Local Table to meet with the fellow moms of our co-op program to see what changes we needed to make and get ready for the next school year. I love dinner meetings, because it gives me a chance to try new places and everyone orders different things so I get to see more than just 2 dishes we would normally order.

The inside is nicely redone since the last tenant. They added brick to the walls and it has a nice modern feel to it.

 IMG_0682 (800x600)

I ordered a Bourbon Smash $9 (Maker’s Mark with muddled mint, lemon simple syrup and soda). The flavor is really good and just the right amount of mint added.

IMG_0758 (640x800)

Their home-style fries $4 each (sweet potato with chipotle ketchup and Cajun seasoned hand cup). Each are good, but I favored the sweet potato with that dipping sauce. Wow is it good, you won’t be disappointed ordering these!

IMG_0685 (600x800)IMG_0752 (800x739)

Baja Chicken Wrap $12 (Avocado, black beans, lettuce, tomato, feta, and our homemade chipotle chili sauce in a whole wheat tortilla. Served with iceberg wedge salad topped with chunky feta jalapeno dressing.)

IMG_0686 (800x600)

Classic Grilled Chicken Baguette $11 (Provolone cheese, roasted red bell pepper, basil pesto and fresh mixed greens. Served with Cajun seasoned hand-cut fries.)

IMG_0688 (800x600)

Mediterranean Salamon $17 (Grilled salmon, guacamole, feta with herb basmati rice and seasonal market vegetables.) My friend said the dish was just ok nothing special about it and would order a different plate next time.

IMG_0690 (800x600)

I had the Mediterranean Wrap $12 (Seasoned lamb and beef, tomato, oinion, lettuce and our Grecian sauce in a whole wheat tortilla. Served with iceberg wedge salad topped with chunky feta jalapeno dressing.) I thought it could have used a little more meat in it, but overall the flavor was really good. The one thing I loved the most was the dressing on the salad. O…M…G…. there’s a little spice, but not too bad just to get the jalapeno flavor. I probably would have licked the plate if no one was looking.

IMG_0754 (800x623)

Cheeseburger Americana $12 (Our hearty favorite with cheddar.)

IMG_0756 (800x690)

I have my fingers crossed for them. Their food is good and priced good. Please stick around a while we need more good restaurants like this in Katy!

No comments:

Post a Comment