Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Steak ‘n Shake

IMG_4972

We recently got some coupons in the mail for the local Steak ‘n Shake restaurant and decided to give them a try. We really where not sure what to expect when we walked in. I though it was going to be an order at the counter type of place, but instead they seat you. They went for the 50’s theme feeling inside and it’s simple and clean.

IMG_4973

I wanted to get the most of our our coupons and told the waitress to just split our bill so we could use 2 coupons, she was really nice and said they don’t limit coupons and we could use as many as we wanted at the same time. I was now kicking myself for not bringing them all with us, but oh well it’s good to know. They have several specials such as free kids meals if you spend $8, all you can eat pancakes for $3.99, 1/2 price happy hour weekdays 2-4pm on all shakes and drinks, etc. Be sure to check their site to make the most out of  your trip there. I appreciated the variety of items on their menu and overall the prices seemed pretty cheap.

We had a coupon for buy 1 get 1 free Specialty Milk Shakes regularly $3.49. I chose Butter Pecan and D picked Mint Cookies and Cream. They where huge and delicious. I liked that the chunks didn’t clog the straw and the shakes where cold, but very smooth and creamy.

IMG_4974

We also had  a buy 1 get 1 free Royal Steakburger regular price is $4.19 (Comes with lettuce, cheese, mayo, tomato, 2 patties of meat, bacon and a fried egg) I thought the burger was ok, but not fantastic. The price is cheap, but I think I’ll try one of their other burgers next time.

IMG_4977

For the sides we shared a small Chili Cheese Fries $2.79, not worth it at all. We had a coupon for Onion Rings regularly $2.29 for 99 cents. These where better and I would get them again.

IMG_4979IMG_4978

Overall, I would go back when I get coupons. The shakes are fantastic and I would pay full price for them with as much as you get. Be sure to sign up for their eclub newsletter for additional coupons as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment